Monday, July 22, 2024

Woman

 There is a certain type of woman that I steer clear of in all ways.  If a conversation leaves the two of us alone I stop speaking.  If a situation leaves that two of us alone I excuse myself to go stand alone.  This woman does not understand me and has no intention of understanding me, because I should be more like her.  I spend precious moments of my life not making her feel uncomfortable.  Why do I do this?  I can't say for sure.  I don't understand the woman.  The woman thinks she understands me and if there is some push back that makes her think she does not understand me it almost immediately becomes a confusing conflict.  A conflict that takes weird twists and turns.  When I stand up for myself, this type of woman spends all of her energy telling me how she is right.  She spends all of her energy telling me that she is not trying to be what I so plainly see.  She spends energy telling me about her friends and activities.  I have never seen her in public because we do not live near each other shop near each other.  I do not see this as a problem.  She tries to convince me it is not.  In 50 years of living have found no version of this woman to convince of anything different and I remain wary.

No comments: